Gingersnaps with Pumpkin dip

One of my families favorite fall treats is gingersnaps.  The combination of cinnamon, cloves , molasses and ginger just screams Autumn.  These are not like the hard as a rock gingersnaps you might have had out of a box once or twice.  Instead these little gems are soft and chewy with a sprinkle of sugar on top.  Warm out of the oven they will knock your socks off, but if you pair them with my pumpkin dip, well that just takes them to a whole different level!!

IMG_1970 gingersnaps

Gingersnaps

• 2/3 cup shortening
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. ginger
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup molasses
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 3/4 tsp. cloves
  • 1/4 tsp. salt

Mix the shortening and the sugar; add egg and molasses.  Next add the sifted flour and dry ingredients.  Mix them all together and then chill your dough for about 1 hour.  Roll into balls, then in sugar.  Place on greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.

Pumpkin Dip

• 8 ounces softened cream cheese
  • 8 ounce container of cool whip
  • 1- 30 ounce can of pumpkin pie mix – you must use the mix.  It has all the spices added to it and you want that.

In a large mixing bowl beat your softened cream cheese until smooth and all the lumps are gone.  Add the 1 can of pumpkin pie mix.  Beat until combined.  Now you want to add the cool whip but fold it in gently.  You want it to make everything all nice and fluffy.  I like to serve this dip inside a small pumpkin.  It makes a really nice presentation if you want to take it someplace to share with all your friends.  Then they will “ohh” and “ahh” and say “where do you find the time to do all this wonderful stuff?”  Aw shucks, it was nothing!!

15 thoughts on “Gingersnaps with Pumpkin dip

• [email protected] says:

I will have to remember that next time. Thanks for the good advice.

• [email protected] says:

I’m with you on that Gail! They were so good. (Notice I said were!)

• [email protected] says:

Yes Lisa, I have bought these with me to many an occasion and they are always a big hit. Thanks for stopping by! 🙂

• What do you mean two cans on the dip instructions, when you only call for one can? Just wondering:)
      Thanks.
      Terri

Looks wonderful

• [email protected] says:

Terri, I made a mistake and I never caught that when I re-read this 10 times!! It is only one can that you use. Just 1-30 ounce can of pumpkin pie mix!! Thanks for the heads up. I hope you enjoy it!!

• [email protected] says:

Jill, thank you so much for stopping by. It was brought to my attention that I mistakenly said 1 can of pumpkin pie mix in the ingredient list but then said 2 cans in the instructions. The correct one is to use only 1-30 ounce can. Yikes… Gotta fix that! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.

• [email protected] says:

Jill. I’m so glad you like them. Aren’t they so good! I love that they are soft and chewy. I always have to double this recipe because they never last long around here. Thanks for sharing them on your page. I’m going to head over to check it out!! Enjoy!!

• [email protected] says:

Thank you Joy for bringing this to my attention. It is one 30oz can of pumpkin not 2. I will have to fix that!! Let me know how you like it!!